Being single quotes may not be what you thought you were looking for, but they might as well be!
What’s for certain is that being in a broken relationship is much, much worse than being single! Bad relationships are way worse for you than staying on your own. There’s absolutely nothing shameful in being single.
You get to decide what you want to do with your life, and sometimes staying on your own is simply the best decision for you at the moment.
There is absolutely no reason for you to be in a relationship for the sake of not being alone. Being single and fabulous is truly a million times better than staying in some false relationship that isn’t making you happy.
Now, you may believe that being single might in some way be the worst thing in the world, especially if you are the only single girl or guy among your friends, but believe me when I say, it has its perks.
Being single means getting to explore your own interests more thoroughly, practice self-love, and scout your independence and own needs without anything or anyone stopping you.
For example, you have more time to stay in touch with your friends.
There’s no one bothering you with their annoying eating or sleeping habits, right? You can flirt whenever you feel like it without feeling guilty… and other many, many benefits of single life.
So, have a look at the best being single quotes we’ve collected for you.
I am happy being single quotes
1. “Being single doesn’t necessarily mean you’re available. Sometimes you have to put up a sign that says, ‘Do Not Disturb‘ on your heart.” – Wiz Khalifa
2. “There’s something really cool about knowing that your destiny is SO big that you’re not meant to share it with anyone. At least not yet.” – Mandy Hale
3. “Don’t be scared to walk alone. Don’t be scared to like it.” – John Mayer
4. “I celebrate myself, and sing myself.” – Walt Whitman
5. “Don’t let society fool you into believing that if you don’t have a girlfriend or boyfriend then you’re destined for a life of misery. The Dalai Lama has been single for the last 80 years and he is one of the happiest people on earth. Stop searching for happiness in places outside of yourself, and start finding it where it has always been: within you.” – Miya Yamanouchi
6. “Next time you hit a speed bump otherwise known as the age-old question ‘Why are you still single?’ look ’em in the eye and say: ‘Because I’m too fabulous to settle.’” – Mandy Hale
7. “I’d rather be alone than unhappy.” – Whitney Houston
8. “You do not need to be loved, not at the cost of yourself.” – Jo Courdert
9. “Some people think it’s wrong, being single isn’t right. But you hurt the right person, you’ll be wrong all your life.” – Tyga
10. “Single is no longer a lack of options – but a choice. A choice to refuse to let your life be defined by your relationship status but to live every day Happily and let your Ever After work itself out.” – Mandy Hale
11. “If we seek paradise outside ourselves, we cannot have paradise in our hearts.” – Thomas Merton
12. “Being single doesn’t mean you know nothing about love.” – Anonymous
13. “Being single is definitely better than being with the wrong person.” – Hassan Choughari
14. “I think it’s very healthy to spend time alone. You need to know how to be alone and not defined by another person.” – Oscar Wilde
15. “I don’t need a man to rectify my existence. The most profound relationship we’ll ever have is the one with ourselves.” – Shirley MacLaine
16. “People would be a lot better off if they’d enjoy being single.” – Lewis Black
17. “It is better to lock up your heart with a merciless padlock, than to fall in love with someone who doesn’t know what they mean to you.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
18. “If you aren’t happy single, you won’t be happy taken.” – Anonymous
Quotes on being single and ready to mingle
1. “I’m single for a reason of waiting on the right one to come along.” – Anonymous
2. “Discover why you’re important, then refuse to settle for anyone who doesn’t completely agree.” – Fisher Amelie
3. “My alone feels so good, I’ll only have you if you’re sweeter than my solitude.” – Warsan Shire
4. “Being brave enough to be alone frees you up to invite people into your life because you want them and not because you need them.” – Mandy Hale
5. “The trouble is not that I am single and likely to stay single, but that I am lonely and likely to stay lonely.” – Charlotte Brontë
6. “You may not like being single but God needs your attention in this season. Let God prepare you before He gives you to someone.” – Anonymous
7. “If you really are going to be a happy single, you have to stop treating being single as the annoying time that you pass between relationships and embrace it. Rather than focusing on what you lack, focus on what you have: You.” – Natalie Lue
8. “There is no need to rush. If something meant to be, it’ll happen in the right time, with the right person, and for the best reason.” – Anonymous
9. “The formula I’ve figured out: Stop being so damn picky and let go of the mental image of an ideal; talk to more strangers, because it builds confidence and helps you feel more connected; be open to every opportunity, and when you do meet someone you like, keep dating around. And there’s the mother of all lessons – the one I’m still working on: Follow your instincts and even if you’re wrong about him (or her), you’ll know better for the next time.” – Rachel Machacek
10. “Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you’re wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn’t love you anymore.” – Lady Gaga
11. “Single lady, the man you want might not necessarily be the man you need.” – Martha Macharia
12. “If you are not happy being single, you will never be happy in a relationship. Get your own life first, then share it.” – Anonymous
13. “Get to know who you are instead of waiting for some magical person to walk into your life and make you more adventurous, richer, nicer, smarter, sexier, or more relaxed in your own skin. That’s too big a job for anyone to take on anyway. At the end of the day, all anyone wants to be is loved and appreciated, not burdened with your unresolved issues.” – Andrea Bain
14. “You’re single not because you are not good enough for one, it’s that you’re too good for the wrong one.” – Chris Burkmenn
Inspirational quotes about being single
1. “Being single doesn’t mean no one wants you, it means God is still busy writing your love story.” – Anonymous
2. “Who are you? Are you in touch with all of your darkest fantasies? Have you created a life for yourself where you can experience them? I have. I am f*cking crazy. But I am free.” – Lana Del Rey
3. “If you truly want to be respected by people you love, you must prove to them that you can survive without them.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
4. “It’s not about being single or in a relationship, it’s about feeling good about yourself. Start loving yourself…” – Akansh Malik
5. “When asked why I am single, my reply is simply: I consider myself a black pearl rare in my authenticity, adding a mysterious beauty to the select few who can recognize & even fewer who appreciate my worth. So instead of dating, I throw myself into working in the field. If my Boaz recognizes me amongst the black rocks… great! If not, the magnificence of my rarity will simply radiate onto those working the fields as well in the form of teaching, which is what I do.” – Sanjo Jendayi
6. “You don’t have to be part of a couple to be happy, you know.” – Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
7. “Never let a man take up so much of your insides that he pushes YOU out. You shouldn’t have to go looking for yourself when a relationship ends.” – Jennifer DeLucy
8. “I never found a companion that was so companionable as solitude.” – Henry David Thoreau
9. “He is his own best friend, and takes delight in privacy whereas the man of no virtue or ability is his own worst enemy and is afraid of solitude.” – Aristotle
10. “No human being can really understand another, and no one can arrange another’s happiness.” – Graham Greene
11. “Being single is about celebrating and appreciating your own space that you’re in.” – Kelly Rowland
12. “He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.” – Lao Tzu
13. “SINGLE is not a status. It is a word that describes a person who is strong enough to live and enjoy life without depending on others!” – Abigail Rajkumar
14. “Being single is getting over the illusion that there is somebody out there to complete you.” – Omkar Phatak
15. “If your joy is derived from what society thinks of you, you’re always going to be disappointed.” – Madonna
Empowering being single quotes
1. “Women Empowerment Reminder of The Day. Always respect yourself as a woman. You attract what you are, so be very mindful of how you’re representing yourself. If you want respect, you must first learn how to respect yourself, first. Attracting negative attention is never a good thing. Be a woman of substance! Be a woman that both women and men respect, admire, and look up to. Don’t disrespect yourself by lowering your standards and accepting just anything that comes your way. It’s okay to be single! If you want a relationship of substance, you can’t keep entertaining people and things that mean you no good. Think about it! It’s all up to you.” – Stephanie Lahart
2. “As a body everyone is single, as a soul never.” – Hermann Hesse
3. “Living on one’s own is not always ideal – but then, neither is marriage. The mated format is charted territory. Those venturing into singlehood are the Lewis and Clarks of a pioneering lifestyle with few maps, unexpected ambushes, and an infinity of adventures. Therein lies its glory!” – Barbara Feldon
4. “You are a single woman; you intend to remain one. You’ve acquired enough sexual experience to feel you belong to your times. You do not have children; you never intended to. Sustained romantic intensities have not been for you. Your explanation (not an untrue one, though not quite sufficient) is that you have let yourself be shaped by so many conventions, expectations, and requirements (institution’s, people’s), by so much dread of disapproval, that the discipline of solitude, severe solitude, has been required to give you the sense of an independent selfhood. The intensities of friendship suit you better. Friendship’s choreography is for multiple partners: for varied groups and surprisingly sustained duets.” – Margo Jefferson
5. “You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anybody.” – Maya Angelou
6. “Being single is wonderful! Doing whatever you want whenever you want to — nothing beats that. Some of my personal favourites are finding the food you left in the fridge is still there when you get home, not having to compromise, sleeping diagonally in the bed, never dealing with your partner’s mood swings, and not having to pretend to be asleep to avoid having sex when you’re not in the mood. Another part of my relationship phobia was letting a new person get to know me. I’m not talking about the surface me – I’m talking about the bad-breath-in-the morning, clip-my-toenails-on-the-toilet, farting, and head-tie-wearing me. To be loved, you have to let a person see all of you – that means both the best and the worst. My fear was whether, when they saw the worst, they would actually want to stay.” – Andrea Bain
7. “‘Single’ is an opportunity to live life on your own terms and not apologize.” – Mandy Hale
Funny being single quotes:
1. “I like being single — I’m always there when I need me.” – Art Leo
2. “Being single is pretty good. It’s a nice sense of irresponsibility.” – Michael Douglas
3. “Yeah, I’m single, but you’re gonna have to be amazing to change that.” – Anonymous
4. “Without a doubt… the worst part of being a single woman was having to take care of your own car.” – Lisa Kleypas
5. “I’m single because I don’t need anyone to ruin my life. I’m ruining it perfectly on my own.” – Anonymous
6. “Just because I’m single, it doesn’t mean I’m alone. I have food and internet.” – Anonymous
7. “Romeo died because of Juliet, Jack died because of Rose, stay single if you want to live.” – Anonymous
8. “Current relationship status: Made dinner for two, ate both.” – Anonymous
9. “I love being single. I can come and go as I please and stay out as late as I want to.” – Eric Dickerson
10. “When someone asks me why I’m still single: I guess I’m overqualified!” – Anonymous
Sometimes, you need other people’s words, or in this case single life quotes, to make sure the words get to you. You probably know this yourself, but it can be more persuasive if you hear it from somebody else.
Being single is one of the most amazing things that can happen to you if you learn to love yourself and enjoy the time until you’ve found your soulmate the best possible way there is – happily, and patiently.